We are hiring! If you would like to apply for one of the positions below, please send your resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All skill levels required from Helper to Journeyman
- Experience in commercial glazing an asset
- Ability to work with Storefront, Curtainwall and Skylight systems
- Able to work comfortably at heights moving metal frames and glass units
- Fall protection training is required
Aluminum Railing Installers
- We manufacturer aluminum railing and install railings throughout the lower mainland. We are looking for members to join our installation team, who possess the willingness to learn and grow with our business.
- Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Organized, efficient, and accurate work habits
- Ability to read blueprints or building drawings
- Ability to work with imperial measures
- Good math skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and stick to tight schedules
- Must be able to work safely and comfortably at heights and follow site specific fall protection plans
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
- Must be physically fit and capable of lifting up to 50 lbs
- Knowledge and understanding of basic railing codes is an asset
- Familiarity with towing a utility trailer is an asset
No experience required as on the job training is available for the right candidate.
Standard work week: 5 days per week, 8 hours per day, with potential for overtime during the busy season.
Wages are negotiable and depend on experience.
Experienced Glazing Project Manager/Estimator
We are now recruiting for a Project Manager experienced in the glazing/and or construction industry.
- Project Management
- Demonstrable ability to manage projects on time and within budget.
- Attend site project meetings if required.
- Ensure sufficient staff, Spectrum or otherwise, are in place for current and booked work loads
- Must be engaged in: interpreting spec packages, scheduling to ensure timeliness of installations, review and execute change orders.
- Ensure quality standards are being met, through the use of quality documentation and visual inspections.
- Must be able to liaise with many levels of customer, both internal and external, to ensure effective problem solving and completion of scheduled workloads.
- Able to advise staff on technical questions to resolve specification or installation issues.
- Attend pre-tender meetings to ensure accurate estimates
- Ability to prepare accurate take offs from supplied construction documents
- Complete work order packages as per Spectrum SOP’s
- Prepare material order sheets
- Use technical expertise to assist other departments with change order requests
- Project Management
- Minimum 5 years in the glazing industry with a focus on Project Management or Estimating.
- 2 year Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience
- Able to read blueprints, and a strong understanding of contract language
- Working knowledge of glazing systems
- Previous experience with bid/performance/labour and materials bonds and quotation management
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient organizational and communications skills
- Proficient problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficient negotiation skills
- Proficient time managements skills
- Previous demonstrable leadership experience
While we thank all that apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.